Maintaining your plumbing is a lot easier and less expensive than repairing it. Follow these steps every year to make sure your plumbing remains in good operating condition.
- Check for leaks indoors and outdoors. A small leak could be costing you a lot every year. And a leak in your sprinkler system could do serious damage to your home and your landscaping.
- Clear out your drains. Do it once a year, before they start backing up. Discovering that you’ve got a clogged shower drain while you are in the shower is not something anyone wants to deal with.
- Clean fixtures. If you don’t let things build up, a simple vinegar solution is enough to clean shower heads, faucets, and other fixtures. Take the time to do it at least once a year.
- Flush your water heater. Your water heater will work its best when you don’t let sediment build up.
- Get your sewer line inspected. Don’t let “out of sight out of mind” be your motto where your sewer lines are concerned. You may not own the lines, but if something goes wrong you’re likely to be on the hook for fixing a lot of residual damage to your home.
- Finally, check to make sure your sump pump is working. If your sump pump gets a workout during the rainy season, be sure to inspect it once a year. A broken one is just a disaster in the making. No one wants to deal with that!
If you follow this simple checklist every year, you’ll be nipping potentially larger plumbing problems in the bud. If, during your inspection, you find something that you need help with, give us a call. C&C slab Leak and Plumbing is here to help. Whether you’ve discovered a small leak or a thoroughly clogged sewer line, we’re here to help. Don’t put it off. Plumbing problems not dealt with today will never get better on their own. But they will always get worse and more expensive to fix.